Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Black Moth by Georgette Heyer

I love Georgette Heyer's books and was disappointed in The Black Moth at first, as it lacks her usual sparkle. However, before I finished it I found out it is the first book she wrote, when she was only 15, which is a different matter altogether. There are too many main characters, and the plot takes a long time to really get going, but there are glimpses of the fine author she would become.

If you like Georgette Heyer and would find it interesting to examine her first book, I recommend it. Otherwise, I recommend you pick up one of her other regency romances.

1 comment:

  1. I read this Georgette Heyer book after reading many of her other books. This book, which she wrote to amuse a sick relative, I find rather amazing for a first effort. I've enjoyed all of her books and she ranks among my favorite authors. I fell so easily for the characters as they were very easy to visualize. I do like reading historical romances and I recommend this one.

    Marlene
    You won't believe this Pottery Glendale AZ

    ReplyDelete