Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Homesick by Kate Klise

Submitted by Amy, teen reviewer:

[Summary from the publisher] Benny’s parents are splitting up. His mom leaves home after a fight about a mysterious splinter that is rumored to be part of an important relic. Benny’s dad has always liked clutter, but now, he begins hoarding everything from pizza boxes to old motorcycle parts. As his house grows more cluttered and his father grows more distant, Benny tries to sort out whether he can change anything at all. Meanwhile, a local teacher enters their quiet Missouri town in America’s Most Charming Small Town contest, and the pressure is on to clean up the area, especially Benny’s ramshackle of a house, before the out-of-town guests arrive.

From Amy: Homesick is a great book. To say I read this book in one night isn't intending to show off, but simply to prove this book is worthy of staying up late to read. The characters are rich and realistic. I could picture them all perfectly. They always say that a book that can make you feel for the characters is a good one, and this book had my heart breaking. This book was also well written and thought out. It kept me on my toes until the last page. Just by reading the back, I could tell this book was going to be juicy. This is totally something I would recommend to my friends. I give it 4-5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment