Monday, November 19, 2012

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

I own a Sony Reader, and Sony is starting an online book discussion group. Daughter of Smoke and Bone is the first book that will be discussed, which is why I checked out a copy to read.

I read this book in about four hours while taking the train. It certainly made the miles fly by. I found it totally engrossing. I only stopped reading because I reached my destination and had to wait until the trip home to resume reading.

I enjoyed the snappy writing and the relationships between the characters. I liked that the main character had spine and gumption. I'm a little tired of the Twilight/Fifty Shades of Grey/Discovery of Witches type relationships.

It definitely lost a little of its sparkle after the Big Reveal, and I was not happy with some turns of events at the end. However, as it "to be continued," I will withhold judgment on the ending until the series is finished.  If you like fast-paced, well-written fantasy with a strong heroine, I recommend Daughter of Smoke and Bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment