Monday, November 10, 2014

Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult


Posted for reader Kaye - 

Jodi Picoult is probably my #1 favorite author. I have read almost all of her books and this new book did not disappoint me! It is the story of a brave 13 year old girl, Jenna, who is trying to find her mother. Her mother disappeared after a tragic accident when the child was only three years old. Jenna is raised by her maternal grandmother, who never speaks of Jenna’s mother. Her father is in a home for mentally disturbed persons.

Jenna’s mother was a research scientist, working on a doctorate on elephants and how they relate to the deaths of their family members and non-related elephants. The research that was done on elephants for this book is fascinating. I learned a lot about elephants from this book. It is true “an elephant doesn’t forget”!

Jenna meets a disgraced psychic, Serenity, and hires a retired alcoholic police detective who is working as a private investigator to help her find her mother. Their search takes them to several locations and into different situations. All this is unknown to her grandmother.

I couldn’t put this book down, as I wanted to see if Jenna found her mother. I took the book everywhere with me. I read at doctor appointments, at railroad crossings and at traffic lights! I was totally surprised by the ending of the book, never suspecting it would end this way. You definitely don’t want to miss this book. Jodi Picoult has done it again!!

-Submitted by Georgette Kaye Carroll 

No comments:

Post a Comment