Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Fair as a Star by Mimi Matthews


If you love heartfelt historical romance and have not yet discovered Mimi Matthews, you are in for a treat! She has quickly become a favorite of mine.

I love the writing style of Mimi Matthews, and I wish I loved Fair as a Star more than I do. Maybe part of my problem is that it is her saddest book yet, and right now I’m looking to lose myself in a story that isn’t quite so sad. Fair as a Star is very slight – definitely more of a novella than a novel. I wish we’d had twice as many pages and more character development.

Fair as a Star might really strike a chord with someone who suffers from depression. Like usual with Matthews, I’m sure the facts about life in the Victorian times are true and meticulously researched. Recommended for fans of historical romance issue books (it reminded me of books by Josi Kilpack) and fans of Mimi Matthews.

I read an advance reader copy of Fair as a Star from Netgalley. The Galesburg Public Library owns a number of novels by Mimi Matthews. Fair as a Star comes out in July 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment