Saturday, April 27, 2013

Z - A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler

Well, let me start off by saying that I LOVED this book. The author did some serious homework before writing this novel, and after reading it I feel like I "know" who Zelda Fitzgerald was. This book was so interesting to me that I am now reading everything I can get my hands on about Zelda. The story begins in 1918 in Montgomery, Alabama, and we are introduced to an 18-year old Zelda Sayer and her family. Even at this young age it is obvious that she is a handful of a girl, and WAY too big for Montgomery! The story unfolds and follows her in such a way that you feel you are growing up right along with her. The author paints a full picture of what life was like back then, and she used letters that both Zelda and F. Scott wrote to each other and to other family members during that time to piece together an amazing story. There was so much more to Zelda than people know, and I for one am thrilled that I got to "meet" her! If you like historical novels, biographical novels or just plain fascinating novels then this is the book for you! Read On!

No comments:

Post a Comment