Saturday, April 11, 2015

Bob's Burgers by Chad Brewster

Genres: TV Shows, Comic Books
Release Date: April 7th, 2015
Publisher: Dynamite Entertainment
Source: eARC from Netgalley

Add on Goodreads
Now you can read about the Belcher family (parents Bob and Linda, and their children Tina, Gene and Louise) with brand-new in-canon stories created by the TV show's producers, writers, and animators! 

That's right, all-original stories that expand upon the fan-favorite animated series, including hilarious installments of "Louise's Unsolved Mysteries", "Tina's Erotic Friend Fiction", "A Gene Belcher Original Musical", "Letters Written by Linda", "Bob's Burgers of the Day", and much more!
I am a huge fan of the TV show so when I saw this comic on Netgalley, I knew I needed it in my life. I don't know where to begin though! I don’t know where to commence my fangirling of this wonderful work of art that manages to bring one of my favorite tv shows to life on paper.

I loved seeing Tina, Louise, Bob, Gene and Linda in a different setting but I also loved seeing aspects of their characteristics emphasized.

I wouldn’t say that this isn’t your typical comic because I don’t read enough comics to make that statement (read-I don’t read comics unless we’re talking about those strips that appear in newspapers) but I love that this isn’t just about showing more Bob's Burgers in a different format.

We have Linda’s letters to people (where she talks about her geniusness and tries to sell her ideas), we have Bob’s burger of the day, we have Tina’s friend fictions, we have Gene’s musicals and we have Louise’s mysteries and all of these separate sections dedicated to each of the characters makes me fall in love all over again.

I can see Linda writing those letters to people, and I can imagine them reading it and cracking up and throwing them away. I can see Bob trying so hard to come up with a burger of the day. It’s just so much fun to experience my favorite characters through another medium.

I think these comics are amazing and are just a fantastic way of showcasing our beloved characters from our favorite TV Show and you know, if you haven’t seen the show, YOU NEEDS TO.

No comments:

Post a Comment