Thursday, August 6, 2015

Space Taxi: Archie Takes Flight by Wendy Maas, Michael Brawer & Elise Gravel

Series: Space Taxi #1
Genres: Science Fiction, Adventure, Chapter Book
Release Date: April 1st, 2015
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Source: Finished Copy from BEA

Add on Goodreads
Archie Morningstar learns a big family secret and helps save the universe. All before breakfast! 

It's not every day a regular kid like Archie gets to wake up at midnight. But today is Take Your Kid to Work Day, and Archie is finally allowed to ride along in his dad's taxi cab. He has been waiting eight years, eight months, and eight days for this moment to arrive.

But he's about to discover his dad is no ordinary cab driver...In fact, he drives an intergalactic space taxi! All night long, he shuttles aliens from one corner of the universe to another. And being a space taxi copilot is no easy task: Archie must steer them into wormholes, keep them from crashing into planets, deal with a very unusual cat...and save the universe from an evil mastermind!

Occasionally, I will pick up a book that I have never heard of because I like the cover and the title. That’s what I did with this book and look where it got me? SUCKED INTO YET ANOTHER SERIES. Curse all the cute kid books. They’re always sucking me in with their adorableness and I am left to deal with the consequences.

Reasons to read this book

  • It features a talking alien cat nicknamed Pockets. This reminds me of that time when I was in third grade and wrote a story about an alien family whose dog started talking (but that’s beside the point.)
  • Archie is 8 years 8 months 8 days old and his life is about to change. He is going to find out that his dad is not just any taxi driver; his dad is a space taxi driver. His dad travels across galaxies (and gets to use wormholes) to pick up his customers.
  • An adorable father son relationship
  • Aliens, outerspace, crime fighting cats!!!!!!
  • Also cuteness.

I need to get my hands on book 2 soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment