Monday, March 19, 2012

Emerald City by Alicia K. Leppert

They say its darkest just before dawn. One broken girl, one mysterious guy and two worlds collide in a terrific debut novel by Alicia K. Leppert. This novel revolves around Olivia and Jude and how far they are willing to go to get through life or make it bearable to live once again. Olivia, the girl with abandonment issues finds herself numbed to the core of her being with the ones she loved (or did love) no where insight.  Jude comes to her and saves her from the black pit of a life she was leading. But to what cost to him? Can Olivia find true love with her shining rescuer?  Can they really endure life on Earth and all that is thrown in their way?

From the preface to the last page, I was hooked.  The characters came alive and I felt like I was right there in Seattle with them going through their lives with them.  The descriptions were fantastic and made it easy for me to imagine everything taking place. I was left with a need at the end. A need to know what happens next, I was  in rapture with this book.  This is definitely quite the debut novel.  I will be excited to see more from Alicia Leppert in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment