Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Five Days Left by Julie Lawson Timmer

Posted for reader Kaye:

Five Days Left is the first book for the author, and I hope it won’t be her last. She very quickly involves you in the lives of her characters.

The main character, Mara, has Huntington’s disease and the author had definitely researched this dreadful disease.

It is a story of Mara’s love for her husband, daughter, parents and friends. An unselfish love that does not want to put them through the pain of seeing the devastating pain the disease will have on her. It tells of her friendship on an internet online community of non-traditional families for five years, a chat site for adoptive, step foster, gay and other parenting arrangements. Mara was an adopted child, and so is her daughter Lakshmi. This support group has helped to answer the many questions in raising a child.

I loved reading about the families in the support group, and their friendship and support, all done anonymously!

I could hardly put this book down once I had started it, and I quickly finished it the second day. I read it at railroad crossings, at my granddaughter’s soccer practice, and every spare minute.

I look forward to reading other books from this author. I loved it!


-Submitted by Georgette Kaye Carroll / August 28, 2014 

No comments:

Post a Comment