Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Night Circus

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Do you dare to dream of impossibilities? Or the what ifs and wishes of life that seem just out of reach in your imagination? If so, then come to the night circus where impossibilities can become real. Let your senses become overwhelmed in all that there is and will be at Le Cirque des Reves (The Circus of Dreams).

The Night Circus weaves together the lives of two young magicians as they compete in a competition.  Marco and Celia challenge each other to grander ideas and feats than are imaginable (hence the arena being a circus). As the book progresses love interests develop and the fates of the cast members of the circus may not rest in their own hands any more.

This book was a delight to read in my opinion. Granted it did take a little bit for the text to hold my attention, but once I reached that spot, I couldn't put it down. It was artfully written full of descriptions of the Night Circus and the tents that comprise it. When I closed my eyes, I could picture the various places and people. It tactfully entwines the lives of Marco and Celia as they go about their lives creating tents for this circus and compete in the game. By looking at the characters within this book, we see how our decisions and actions can affect those around us. I think this is a great book to read for adults. I wish this place was real and I could be a reveurs ( a fan of the circus).

No comments:

Post a Comment